Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Pre mattel Lissie question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just wondering... I have 2 pre mattel Lissies and trying to figure out what one is older. One has the c circled and pleasant company right after the c.. the other doll has the c ABOVE and then pleasant company written underneath the c... which one do you think is the older doll? Thanks in advance! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member LindaL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2003
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I may be wrong (certainly wouldn't be the first time), but I think the c followed by the words is the oldest. I, too, have two PM Felicitys--one each marked the same way yours are. Mine both came from ebay--but I do think the face on the one with the c followed by the words looks like the older german face mold.

    Linda

  3. #3
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    I was thinking the exact same thing Linda... but I am also not 100% sure. They are both beautiful dolls none the less, but just curious I guess.... anyone else know?

  4. #4
    AngieGill
    Guest AngieGill's Avatar

    Post

    I agree with you ladies.. Mine is a VERY old one.. German mold and soft vinyl limbs with tiny body... she has the copyright circle in FRONT of the P.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm confused--I have a white-bodied Molly (German-made, I'm pretty sure) with the "c" in front of the P, and 2 PM Felicities with the c in front of the P, as well. BUT, I also have a PM Kirsten,(tan body)with the c on top of the P!
    I'm not sure, but I think it was in front in the beginning, switched to the top later on, and then switched back to being in front again.
    I've tried checking the collector's site(not Curt's, the other one), but it doesn't give details that would help date the dolls. All I'm sure of is that the larger, uneven letters and "c" on top mean a PM doll. At least, I think I'm sure. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

    Does anyone out there know for SURE??? [img]eek.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My 1994 Molly has the uneven lettering with the C on top.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ashlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2005
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What is the "other" collector's site? I only know about Curt's.

    Thanks, Ashley

  8. #8
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's called the American Girl Complete Collector's Guide--it's by a lady named Meg, and has a little more history of Pleasant Company included.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Collector's Web Page

    This is the link to the site mentioned above. I love this site! The description and history of the company is what really got me interested in these dolls for my dd.

    You ladies are the ones who have gotten me interested in them for myself.

    [img]redface.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That link brought me to the microsoft website!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •